Monday, December 17, 2012

Cristian Tello signs through 2016

This Monday afternoon Cristian Tello extended his contract with FC Barcelona. He'll remain with the Club through June 30 of 2016. The player’s buyout clause is set at 10 million euros. It’s worth noting that the player and the Club agreed to terms on Thursday, the 13th.
“I’m very proud”

The player talked to Barça TV and fcbarcelona.com after he signed his contract extension: “I’m very proud and I’m very happy, I’ve dreamed about this since I was a child. I want to return the confidence to those that had confidence in me.” The forward also noted that since he made his debut for the team, against Villarreal, that the first team players “have always treated me like one of their own.”
Tello also said that he hopes to keep the jersey number 37 through the end of the season - it’s given him luck, he said - and he believes he can help the team with his “speed.”

La Masia

Tello, who played in the Club’s youth program from 2002 through 2007, also played for Damm and Espanyol (two seasons). In the summer of 2010 he made his return to Barça. Despite being a Barça B player, he’s often featured for the first team this season.

The 21-year-old made his debut for the first team on November 8 of 2011, in the Cup match against Hospitalet (he scored twice). He made his debut in La Liga on January 28 of 2012 away to Villarreal. His first La Liga goal was scored against Real Sociedad on February 4, 2012.

No comments: